Priorities & Strategies
Accelerate progress for low-skilled and other workers.
- Contextualize learning that combines basic skills with specific career knowledge.
- Improve student services such as career counseling, tutoring and job placement.
- Redesign developmental education.
- Enhance relationships with Community Based Organizations.
Improve retention and achievement rates; reduce time to obtain industry recognized credentials, certificates and degrees.
- Implement self-paced learning strategies, block scheduling and or modular curriculum.
- Develop an articulation process that facilitates faster completion.
- Implement curricular and instructional innovations such as learning communities.
- Restructure course scheduling, offering convenient times and locations.
Build programs that meet industry needs, including developing career pathways.
- Implement earn and learn education models (co-op, internships, etc.).
- Strengthen partnerships with employers.
- Develop entrepreneurship training.
Strengthen online and technology enabled learning.
- Create and Implement a delivery mechanism that may be used in any of the above methodologies. Must be open source and universal design.